Effective Date: 2009-10-07
Last Updated: 2017-1-22
Commitment to Privacy
What Information Does WARETOBUY.com Collect?
The type of information that we collect and retain depends upon your interaction with our Site. Here is a short overview of the two main types of interactions.
1. Information You Give Us. We collect the personally identifiable information you provide to us on our Site, including your name, address, email address, telephone number, and if you pay by credit card, your account information when you:
- Create a user account, place an order, register a product (information we collect is necessary to complete the transaction and so that we can keep you informed about COMPUTAAS.com’ products and services, such as your name, last name, e-mail address, and country).
- Requesting product support or other services (information we collect is necessary to, provide support and to respond to queries such as your name and address and information about your computer hardware, software (including your License Number), and the nature of the problem you are experiencing).
- Participate in surveys (information we collect may include demographic information such as age, gender and number of household members).
You have the final decision on whether to proceed with any activity that requests personal information. However, if you do not wish to provide information needed for a transaction, you may not be able to complete it.
2. Information Collected and Stored Automatically. When you interact with COMPUTAAS.com we may maintain a record of the following types of information.
- Your Internet Protocol (\"IP\") address or other technical information such as a referring web site, if any, and the path you take through COMPUTAAS.com Sites when you visit us online.
- The date and time, the internet address of the website from which you link directly to our website.
- The name of the file or the words you search, and the browser you use to access our website.
The information collected and stored automatically by our Site is used to measure the number of visitors to various sections of our Site and to identify system performance or for server issues. We also use this information to help us expand the coverage of our Site and to make our Site more useful. This information is not linked by us to personally identifiable information and we do not disclose this in a form that personally identifies you, except in cases where we must provide IP addresses to certain credit card processors in connection with the processing of your credit card transaction. You may want to contact your credit card provider with any questions regarding the transactional information they require.
If you do not want us to store this information or if you are using a public computer, the “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or how to disable cookies altogether. However, rejecting cookies may affect your ability to use some of the products and/or services at our Site.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
The personal information we collect is generally used to process your requests and transactions, to provide you with high quality service, to tell you about opportunities we think will be of interest to you, to customize your experience on our Site and to understand your needs so that we may provide you with the most suitable products and services. For example, we may use your personal information to help us:
- Provide you with information about virus alerts, product upgrades, new products, services, research on future product ideas or improvements;
- Send newsletters, informative e-mails or other information which has the nature of business announcements. COMPUTAAS.com reserves the right to use customers' contact information to send them information it deems important for the full utilization of its products and services. Every registered customer may choose not to receive such information from COMPUTAAS.com by simply replying to any message to that effect and writing the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line (with the exception of messages which are necessary for the functionality of our products and services);
- Create content that is relevant to you;
- Provide you with special offers that may be of interest to you;
- Assist us in creating better, customized products and services to meet your needs;
- Allow you to purchase and download products, obtain access to services or otherwise engage in activities you select;
- Help you quickly find software, services, or product information important to you;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you chose to do so; and
- Notify you about changes to our service.
With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
Since COMPUTAAS.com is a company who sell globally, we provide information on users of COMPUTAAS.com’ products to our worldwide offices (subsidiaries and affiliates) which are listed at www.waretobuy.com. The personal information that you have provided to us may be made accessible to these COMPUTAAS.com offices for marketing and customer relationship management purposes.
COMPUTAAS.com does not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to third parties. Under certain circumstances and from time to time, COMPUTAAS.com may share your personally identifiable information with third parties as set forth below. In such circumstances, we provide only the information necessary to perform the function or to provide the service for which it has been shared. These third parties are required to keep the information confidential and are not permitted to use the personal information provided by us for any purpose, except as authorized by COMPUTAAS.com.
COMPUTAAS.com may share your information with third parties such as:
- Service Providers: We may share your personally identifiable information with trusted service providers who provide operational or other support services to our Customers or who perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include providers who fulfill orders, ship products, process transactions (including credit card transactions), distribute e-mails, conduct research or statistical analysis or provide other marketing assistance. It may be necessary to share user personal information with these service providers in order to allow them to provide their services. You have the right not to provide the requested information, but in such case you may not be able to receive these services. Those service providers will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service and we require that they keep the personal information of our customers secure and confidential and comply with the Act and all other applicable laws. We also require that these contractors use our customers' personal information only on behalf of COMPUTAAS.com and do not disclose them to third parties or use them for any other purpose.
- Local Partners, Distributors, Suppliers and Resellers: We may share your personal information, such as your e-mail contact, with selected local COMPUTAAS.com partners, distributors and resellers so that they can contact you, either on our behalf or for their own account, about our products, services or offers that we believe are important to you or your business and to provide you a local technical and customer support.
- Other Disclosures: We may share your personally identifiable information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is: a) authorized by law or necessary to comply with a legal process; b) in response to legal claims; c) required to protect and defend the rights, property or legitimate interests of COMPUTAAS.com (including the enforcement of our agreements); d) necessary to protect personal safety, property or other rights of COMPUTAAS.com and its customers or employees; or e) an integral part of a sale of all or part of our business.
Your consent includes the retention of personal information that is collected through our Site, including your personal information that you submit through a registration process, for as long as you are registered at our Site or you are a user of COMPUTAAS.com’ products and services, and for a reasonable time thereafter, unless and until you withdraw your consent.
COMPUTAAS.com is committed to maintaining the security of information under our control. We have taken security measures, consistent with industry practices, to protect your personal information. To try to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure correct use of information, we have put in place industry-accepted physical, technical and administrative practices to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. To protect the confidentiality of this category of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. If other people have access to your e-mail, they may be able to change information about your user profile. You should not use an e-mail account operated by an employer because many employers have the legal right to access such e-mail accounts. If you share a computer with anyone, always log out before leaving our Site to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
Unfortunately, no transmission of information over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to our Site from your PC or the Internet Service Provider, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to ensure its security on our system and to try to prevent unauthorized access.
How Can You Correct Inaccuracies in the Information?
We strive to maintain the accuracy of the information collected through our Site. Furthermore, we believe that the individual is invaluable in ensuring that data is complete and accurate. We will provide you with access to personally identifiable information you provide through our Site for as long as we maintain that information in a readily accessible format. Similarly, we permit and encourage you to correct inaccuracies in the information you submit to us through our Site. If you believe that COMPUTAAS.com does not have your current personal information, you can update it by contacting COMPUTAAS.com Sales Team.
If you have provided personal information to COMPUTAAS.com you may ask us to advise you of the scope of information COMPUTAAS.com processes about you, the purpose and nature of the processing and the recipients of the information.
COMPUTAAS.com Update Bulletin and Other E-mail Communications
If you do not wish to continue receiving our e-mail newsletters, bulletins, or other information from COMPUTAAS.com, you can opt-out at any time by responding to any e-mail you receive from us and writing the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line of the response. Please be aware that our e-mails may include important or useful information about your product, including information about your License Number or the status of your orders or accounts, and that we do not allow our customers to opt-out of communication that is required for the functionality of our products and services.
Links to Other Companies
Periodically, our Site may contain links to and from websites of our business partners, distributors, resellers, advertisers or other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies which you should read before you submit any personal data to these websites. We disclaim any liability for the data processing activities of our business partners, distributors and resellers, all of which act as independent data processing controllers.
We encourage parents to take an active interest in their children's use of the Internet. Our Site is not targeted to children younger than 13 years of age. COMPUTAAS.com does not knowingly collect or store information of children younger than 13. Visitors who are under the age of 13 may use our Site only with the supervision and consent of a parent or guardian. None of the products or services available through Our Site may be purchased by anyone less than 18 years of age.
Discussion Groups and Forums
Please remember that information you submit in a discussion group or forum at our Site will be deemed public information and is not confidential. There is a risk in such communication venues that various information and data can be collected and used by others. Please be careful and responsible when you are on-line.